The University has the following objectives:
• To provide modern educational and research environments that will enable students and researchers to face current challenges and to focus on knowledge as a principle driving force for development.
• To reach international levels in standards, contents and practices while maintaining local values and culture.
• To keep up with the development and the new innovations that occur in the different fields of knowledge as well as to take the initiatives in innovation and creativity.
• To satisfy the increasing demand for excellence in higher education and to ensure the latest quality technology in all its outputs.
• To create an environment in whichthe university lecturers will be able to perform their duties.
• To comply with the international staff / student ratio.
• To promote libraries, laboratories and other teaching facilities to the latest technical standards and maintain their position as a place for interaction between the different components of the university.
• To consolidate the double role of the University as a leading national university and as a ‘mother’ for the Sudanese universities.
• To attain a working environment thatenable employees to perform their duties with responsibility, disciplinary actions, transparency and time management.
• To employ information and communication technology to improve University performance with respect to education, research, capacity building, and skills polishing.
• To establish a clear research strategy that would define research priorities and channel research activities to serve national purposes, while focusing on applied and advanced educational research to serve the society.
The University vision is to participate, through its role in the field of higher education and scientific research, in the creation of a unified, developed and advanced Sudanese Nation. The University aspires to be independent both academically and financially, elevated in the different aspects of knowledge and to link the programs and research it offers with the requirements of permanent development in Sudan. While it maintains its position as a leading national institution, it also aspires to occupy a leading international position.
The University of Khartoum – by virtue of its position as the ‘mother’ for all Sudanese universities is entrusted with:
• Providing a variety of high quality programs both at undergraduate and postgraduate levels for all specializations and disciplines.
• Providing education and training services of the highest quality in accordance with international standards and with values that are derived from the Sudanese culture.
• Embracing modern concepts in all the services it provides and nurturing research environments with the aim of raising the competence of students to high standards that would enable them to undertake the responsibility of work and interaction with the society at both national and international levels.
• As an intellectual reserve and stock of knowledge, the University aims at fulfilling the needs of the society and the requirements for development and directing these needs and requirements.