Tashkent Medical Academy was founded on the basis of abolished 1st and 2nd Tashkent State Medical Institutes through the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan I.A.Karimov №UP – 3629 as of 19 July 2005.
Tashkent Medical Academy is a leading medical university in the Republic of Uzbekistan for training in the field of medicine. Since 2005, we are preparing specialists of the most humane profession in the world. During the years of fruitful Academy has become one of the leading medical schools in the Republic of Uzbekistan, with certainty declare itself on the international medical arena and boldly compete with more established universities.
In the structure of the Academy 6 faculties: treatment, medical-pedagogical, medical-prophylactic, medical-biological and nursing higher education.
Tashkent Medical Academy – a higher educational institution of the modern type of high scientific and pedagogical potential, a wide range of educational communication, extensive network of international contacts, a high level of social vocation training. In recent years, multiplies the best traditions of the academy, open new avenues of education undergraduate and master’s degree, protected thesis, improving the material and technical base.
Bukhara engineering-technical institute of high technologies has been transformed by the decision number 214 of the Cabinet of Republic Uzbekistan from July, 25th, 2011, on basis of Bukhara technological institute food and light industry with a aim of further perfection of preparation experts meeting modern requirements of market economy, and also strengthening of personnel resource base in the field of high technologies of industrial and processing branches of Republic.
There are 4 faculties at the institute:
Light and textile industry;
Technique and technology of oil and gas;
Automation of technological processes;
Bukhara Engineering-Technological Institute was created by the Decision of the President of Republic of Uzbekistan from April, 15th, 2013 behind number of PD-1954 on the basis of Bukhara engineering technical institute of high technologies, with a view of the further perfection of education of the experts meeting modern cases of market economy, and also strengthening of personnel resource base in the field of high technologies of industrial and processing branches of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
18 departments are engaged in preparation of highly skilled specialists in 8 fields of study of a bachelor degree and in 6 fields of study of master degree.
Total number of students is 5429, 5270 of which are bachelors and 159 are masters. Teaching staff consists of 338 teachers-professors. Due to good scientific potential of the institute, BETI provides the region with highly qualified specialists in the field of engineer-technologists.
Samarkand Institute of economics and service was founded in 1931 in Tashkent as "Central Asian Institute of Planning". In april, 1935, given institute was transferred to the State plan committee of Uzbekistan, and was named "Uzbekistan’s Planning Institute" and in August, 1935, it moved from Tashkent to Samarkand.
In 1936 Uzbekistan’s Planning Institute joined to State Trade and Cooperative Institute and became Uzbekistan’s National Economic Institute. On the 10 of June, 1949, it was titled as "Samarkand Soviet Trade Institute" . By the order of former Soviet of Ministers on November 30, 1960 this Institute was removed to Centrosoyuz and was called "Samarkand Cooperative Institute".
Beginning from 1998 year according to order number 123 from the 24 of May, 1998, Samarkand Cooperative Institute was transferred to the Ministry of Higher and Secondary Special education of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
On the 26 of March 2004 according to the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan number 144 the given Institute was changed into the Samarkand Institute of economics and service.
Namangan Engineering Pedagogical Institute (NamEPI) was established as the Namangan branch of Tashkent Mechanical Engineering Institute in 1991 for the purpose of improvement of education of engineers, more complete satisfaction of the demand for engineers in the Ferghana Valley and development of the scientific technical potential of the region. It is considered as the basic higher educational institution for preparation of qualified engineer-pedagogues for vocational colleges by the decision №77 (February 24, 1998) of the Cabinet of Ministers of the republic of Uzbekistan.
The Institute provides instruction not only for engineer-pedagogues, but also for engineers, technologists and economists in various branches of the national economy. At the present the Institute is one of the recognized leaders in the system of vocational pedagogical education of the Republic. The students of the Institute acquire fundamental knowledge in the fields of natural sciences, technical sciences, humanities and economics combined with profound psychological, pedagogical, vocational and industrial preparation in the course of instruction.
Graduating students of NamEPI are specialists, who possess a unique combination of professional qualities and perfectly meet the requirements of the market economy.
Samarkand State University is a major university in Samarkand, Uzbekistan established by a government decree of the Government of Uzbekistan dated 22 January 1927 in the city of Samarkand. The university is commonly known as Samarkand University (in Uzbek Samarqand universiteti)
The university was originally organized in 1927 as the Uzbek Pedagogical Institute and in 1930, it was renamed the Uzbek State Pedagogical Academy and in 1933, upon merger of the Pedagogical Academy and the Uzbek State Medical Institute into the Uzbek State University. In 1941—2016, the University was named after poet and philosopher Ali-Shir Nava’i (alternative transliteration Alisher Navoi).
In 1961, the Uzbek State University was finally renamed the Samarkand State University, a name it keeps to date. The rector of the university since 2015 is Dr. Alimdjan Rakhimovich Khalmukhamedov.
Currently, the University comprises the following faculties: Philology; History and Philosophy; Teaching; Physics and Mathematics; Biology; Economy; Tajik Philology; Russian Philology; Law; Physical education.
The Karakalpak state university of a name of Berdaha has been formed in 1976 г on the basis of the Karakalpak state teacher training college of a name of Shevchenko and has been renamed into Nukussky state university.
The decision №274 from January, 15th, 1992 Zhokargy of Republic Karakalpakstan Kenes have been renamed into the Karakalpak state university of a name of Berdaha.
About university achievements:
– The decree № 1533 2014 of the President and Ministry of the higher and sredne – vocational education the university was included into the rebuilding plan;
– During the last years at university 7 new directions of a bachelor degree and 3 new specialities of a magistracy have opened: oil refining and gas, processing of light industry and chemical elements, building, ichthyology, electric power industry;
– At university there are 2 Presidential grant-aided students, 2 winners of the State award of a name of Zulfii, and also owners of the State award of "Nihol", grant-aided students of a name of Ulugbeka, Navoi and Berdaha.
– For last 3 years about 30 teachers of university raised the experience, and also participated at seminars in the scientific and educational centres of foreign countries such, as Belgium, Germany, Poland, China, India, Hungary, the USA, Latvia, Sweden, Russia, Ukraine, Portugal, Kazakstan and Turkmenistan;
Tashkent Financial Institute is one of the biggest universities in Uzbekistan. It is located in the center of Tashkent, .
Tashkent Financial Institute offers finance and tax lyceums, bank college, bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, qualification institution, and postgraduate studies including doctoral programs.
The Institute teaches English and Russian and computer technologies. The Institute is equipped with modern computers. The University library is open for students. An "E-university" system is established. The Institute provides students with sports and social activities
The Institute was founded in 1931, as the "Central Asian financial-economical institution". After some years it was renamed as "Tashkent financial-economical institution". In 1962 it was renamed as Tashkent State Economical University.
After Uzbekistan gained independence the university became the "Tashkent Financial Institute" within the "Tashkent State Economical University" on May 13, 1991.
Thereafter the Institute taught more than 13,500 professionals
Strategies for development
The Institute’s plans Include:
Pay attention to gifted and eager students and supply everything necessary for them to succeed.
Develop the qualifications and knowledge of professors and teachers.
Improve the textbooks and develop new materials.
Reinforce the relations with the universities from developed countries. Make the university equal to the international universities.
Attract international investors to develop the university.
Work with the National Academy of Uzbekistan, with Uzbeki central and commercial banks, the Ministry of Finance and other companies to better integrate theoretical and practical knowledge.
Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Melioration (Uzbek: Toshkent Irrigatsiya va Melioratsiya Instituti) or TIIM is a unique university in Central Asia, which works for the development of the water industry, and supplies the country with professionals in this field. Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Melioration plays a huge role in the development of Uzbekistan economy and industry.
The history of the Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Melioration dates back to the Soviet Union. The university was first established in 1923 as the department of Turkistan State University. It was created under the technical faculty and was called Hydro Technical Engineering. In its first year of establishment, 24 agronomists and 16 water conservation specialists graduated from the faculty. The history of this university could be recognized by the second occasion. After six years of opening the Hydro Technical Engineering department, government decided to establish a new department under the Melioration Engineering Faculty. Those two departments were linked together in 1929, which led to the establishment of Central Asian Cotton Irrigation Polytechnic University. On 11 November 1934, Central Asian Cotton Irrigation Polytechnic University was merged with the Central Asian Institute of Agricultural Industry Irrigation and Mechanization, which was the reason for the creation of Tashkent Institute of Agricultural Industry Irrigation and Mechanization. In the first years of establishment there were only two faculties, Hydro Melioration and Mechanization. After World War II, the agricultural industry of the country increased rapidly, which affected the need for professional employees.
After World War II, a number of faculties were created: Building (1945), Mechanization of Hydro Melioration (1946), and Hydro Energetics (1946). In 1974 a new faculty was named Technology of Repairing Agricultural Industry Machines and Creating Them. In 1979 a number of engineering faculties were opened, which was directly linked to the economic growth in Uzbekistan.
After the independence of Uzbekistan, all the textbooks were interpreted into Uzbek language, and most of the classes started to be taught in the native language of Uzbekistan. In 2004, on 30 March by the edict of the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan, the institute obtained its current name. This meant that Tashkent Institute of Agricultural Industry Irrigation and Mechanization was renamed to Tashkent Institute of Irrigation and Melioration. Nowadays the institute involves five faculties with 30 departments. It has 353 professors and teachers and more than 4860 students